First I apologize to use this venue to air my dirty laundry. Well it’s not rally my dirty laundry. It’s the country’s dirt laundry that has been left on our door steps by our leaders in Washington D.C. I am not separating them right from left or Republican or Democrat. They have equally shown an ineptness that I don’t think I have ever experienced in my 68 years as an American.
Perhaps I or we are missing some secret formula that we are unaware. Maybe we are living in a parallel world where the usual laws of common sense no longer apply. Are we living in a Rod Serling Twilight Zone ? Is someone going to jump out from a curtain and yell smile your on Candid Camera ?
I don’t think that is going to happen at all. The reality is the inmates have taken over the asylum and now while the country is going further down into the abyss our illustrious leaders have decided to take a not too deserved months vacation. The good news is how much bad can they do while they are away.
What would you do if you were in charge? My son says I always complain and and never offer a solution. This time is going to be different. Bear in mind I am not an economist. So here goes my fix:
- I would roll back the Bush tax cuts effective immediately. I am not sure how much revenue that would bring in you do the math.
- I would stop the oil company’s subsidies, value $100 billion over 10 years
- I would roll back the ethanol subsidies, value $40 billion over 10 years
- I would roll back farm subsidies, Michele Bachman received $500 million in subsidies last year. This is a woman who doesn’t like socialism.
- I would spend government money to get a new NRA program started. We have enough infrastructure repairs needed that you could add 2 to 3% to the labor force which would do 2 things stop the decay and bring in needed revenue to help with the deficit.
- Did you know we have 40 million people on food stamps in the “greatest country on earth” We have since the 80’s a whole new industry…food pantry’s. A lot of the participants were the middle class.
- There was a president not so long ago who had the gall to suggest a national health plan that included a guaranteed minimum income for families with children because he felt that our young children should be protected. I won’t leave you hanging. That president was none other than Richard Millhouse Nixon. Back then people on both sides of the aisle had detectable heart beats.
Well children I have ranted on long enough and my ADD is kicking in so I am losing interest. I don’t know where this will go but if you think they are good talking points you can share them with others. Thank you for letting me take up this space.
WordPress Tags: Where,From,Here,venue,dirt,door,steps,leaders,Washington,Republican,Democrat,American,formula,Maybe,world,curtain,Candid,Camera,asylum,abyss,vacation,news,solution,Bear,Bush,math,Michele,Bachman,woman,socialism,government,money,infrastructure,repairs,deficit,food,greatest,earth,industry,pantry,president,health,income,children,Richard,Millhouse,Nixon,Back,aisle,heart,Thank,inmates,subsidies,participants,laundry,billion,million